Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Claiming Addison





Book Description: For Addison Beltrand, PR rep for Bold International, Inc. climbing the corporate ladder is all that matters in life. Her hard work is finally rewarded with the promotion she’s worked her ass off to earn—but the gig comes at a price. She leaves in two days for a twelve-week tour with America’s hottest alternative rock band, 69 Bottles. 

Talon Carver, lead singer of 69 Bottles, has no problem with women--as long as they’re gone by morning. When Addison shakes up his world, it’s a huge problem—compounded by the fact that Addison’s not the only one he wants. 

Kyle Black, manager of 69 Bottles, has a secret. He and Addison are closer than she thinks, but telling her could keep her away. When Talon sets his sights on Addison, Kyle uses his secret to push her into Talon’s arms, only to discover she isn’t the only one he needs. 

Two men. One dilemma. 

Talon is wild, reckless and loves control. 

Kyle is calm, collected and loves passion. 

The perfect balance…or Addison’s ultimate undoing? 

Talon and Kyle push their boundaries and Addison’s, but can they throw their reservations to the wind and claim her together? 

Two men. One woman. A rock band. A tour bus. One Wild Ride… 

****Content Warning**** 
Sexy, naked, bisexual rock stars…and a lot more… 
This book contains, but is not limited to the following sexual content – reader discretion is advised - hot sex between two men and one woman. M/M/F, M/F/M, M/F, F/M and M/M sexual content. There are no boundaries when these three crash together, as long as you’re over 18 years of age.

Coming Soon From Zoey Derrick: 
Book 2: Craving Talon - Feb 3rd, 2015
Book 3: Redeeming Kyle - Feb. 24th, 2015
Book 2.5: Taming Dex - Feb/Mar 2015



This ARC was given to me by the author for an honest review:

Addison Beltrand is the usual work-a-holic woman after her fiance died in a car accident. She didn't have time for dating, and or men. Not to say that she hadn't missed any of that, but she felt broken. She wanted to shut the world out and just not think.. Little did she know that her world was going to be turned upside down by not one but two men. Addison works as a PR rep at Bold International where she has to go on tour for 12 weeks with non other than 69 Bottles. One woman, five men, 12 weeks, trapped on a bus... sounds delicious right? HA! She is a no nonsense kind of girl when it comes to her job, but she finds herself attracted to the lead singer. Oh uh... What is a girl to do! Not only is she attracted to the lead singer she feels a connection to the bands manager. Eek! Can you say a little trouble brewing there? Addison is a character that will grow on you as you read on. The author did a great job trying to balance her past grief, and her new attraction(s). Addison is incredibly charming and witty, and has enough gumption to captivate the reader.

Talon Carver the lead singer of 69 Bottles. Total charmer, with a hint of alpha male. He likes his women one way... and that is to have sex and go. No romance for this man. That is until he sees the incredible Addison standing in his bus. I found Talon to be the typical rock star figure. He took what he wanted, when he wanted and how he wanted, then discarded with no thought of the other person. But as I kept reading, I found that he had a soft spot for Addison, and that turned things around for me. You also find out a little about him and his past by the end of the book, which was a bit heart wrenching, and makes you want to grab onto him and not let go. Talon also finds himself attracted to Kyle, especially when Kyle is near Addison. As he has never had feelings for another man, he is a bit shell shocked but welcomes the feelings with open arms. 

Kyle Black is the charismatic manager to the band, and he has a secret he tries to keep to himself. He knows that if his secret surfaces, it might change the dynamics of the growing attraction Addison has for him. He is quiet, and a little reserved, which I find completely out of sorts for this type of character. He is not pushy, and/or conceited, but he's an all around good guy. He is by no means a pushover, but he is willing to let go of his attraction of Addison for the sake of the band and her happiness. The problem with that, is that he is not only attracted to Addison but Talon as well. What is a man to do?! You have to read the book and find out. :)

There are several twists and turns in this book and Zoey takes you through them effortlessly. She plays on the characters insecurities, and you, as the reader, feel the same apprehension and uncertainties as the characters in the book. You cheer them on when something good happens, and then of course, when the bad stuff comes to play, it tugs at your heart strings. The love scenes are explosive and will make you squirm in your seat. The one fear I did have was an all out MMF scene, but Zoey eases you into it, with light touches and looks throughout the book before really going full throttle. There was a good mix of humor in the book as well, which I found really great! There is a plethora of fun characters in this first book and I can't wait to reconnect with each and every single one in the upcoming books! I am sure that this series will take off like a rocket and each book will get better and better! 

Favorite Quotes:

"You must be Addison," he says in a sweet, sexy, and completely panty melting voice as he parts the sea of Dex and Peacock. "I'm Talon."

"Whatever, Dex. She doesn't need to open your curtain to you spankin' your junk. Don't need to scare the poor girl."

"She's rather hypnotic, isn't she?" I hear one of the guys say, though I don't know their voices well enough to decipher whether it was Kyle or Talon who spoke. "You boys seriously need to get laid," I tease them all. "We're trying," they all spout back in unison and just like that the sexual tension explodes on the bus and I know without a doubt that I'm screwed seven ways from Sunday, big time."

"She's been on this bus for all twenty minutes and every single one of us has already eye fucked her at least once."

"It ain't no pinky, sweetheart. It's an anaconda," he bites back."

"He pouts. Maybe a little. You cockblocked me." "She probably has rabies. You'll get over it."

"Because of that, among other things, I wonder if I've ever really dealt with it because even now, seven years later, I haven't gotten over it, or at least it still haunts me."

"Let us do this. Let us take care of you," Talon whispers in my ear and my head falls back to his shoulder as the pleasure rocks through me. "This is not about us. This is about us taking care of our girl."


"I kiss his hair and run my fingers through his messy beard. "Why are you so scared?" "Because I fucking need this. I need you," he says with sincerity and emotion is pouring out of every inch of his body."

"Do you want to know why I do the things that I do for people?" He nods. "I do them because they make them happy and seeing them happy makes me happy. Is it selfish? Sure, in a way, but the person on the receiving end gets the glory, I get the reward." 

"I've always been the girl in the shadows, the girl behind the scenes, hiding from the crowd because that is where I feel I belong. You and Kyle put me on a pedestal that I'm not ready to stand on."

"I kept my ink to myself because it makes me appreciate a true piece of art, not because someone else enjoys it for a while and discards it like it was nothing. Which is how I've lived my life - in the discard pile. Ready when someone needs me and then back into the pile I go."

"Take My scars Hide them away Save me From The Man who Tries to take me Away from The Person I'm trying to Become. The man I want to be Desperate To be Free." 

"I settle back against the couch, taking a deep breath that for the first time makes me feel freer than I've ever felt in my entire life. We've claimed her as our own, and in the process, we're claiming each other. "With her, the world is brighter, the colors more vibrant. She's ours," I breathe."

5 stars 

Until Next Time, Enjoy!
~ Lilly Rose



No comments:

Post a Comment