Thursday, July 17, 2014

Finding Phoenix




According to Wikipedia: In Greek mythology, a phoenix or phenix (Greek: φοῖνιξ phoinix) is a long-lived bird that is cyclically regenerated or reborn. Associated with the sun, a phoenix obtains new life by arising from the ashes of its predecessor. The phoenix was subsequently adopted as a symbol in Early Christianity. While the phoenix typically dies by fire in most versions of the legend, there are less popular versions of the myth in which the mythical bird dies and simply decomposes before being born again. Herodotus, Lucan, Pliny the Elder, Pope Clement I, Lactantius, Ovid, and Isidore of Seville are among those who have contributed to the retelling and transmission of the phoenix motif.

In the historical record, the phoenix "could symbolize renewal in general as well as the sun, time, the empire, metempsychosis, consecration, resurrection, life in the heavenly Paradise, Christ, Mary, virginity, the exceptional man, and certain aspects of Christian life".

So what does that have to do with my blog today? Well, you can say that this author has been bringing life to books one right after another, and one better than the next. I found Mrs. Red Phoenix (hence the very cool picture above) during one of my many freebie buys. I think it was the "Blissfully Snowbound" book that I had first, and I also had "In 9 days". I didn't think much of it at the time, so I kept collecting not knowing I had these two treasures in my hands already. As usual, I wanted something to read and landed on Blissfully Snowbound. I read it, and oh boy...! Who knew being snowed in could be so much fun! Not only that, the inventive ways of using snow still makes me giggle. I went to the kindle store to see if I could find the sequel and there it was! I picked it up and then the third. HA! After I gobbled those up, I read In 9 days. Talk about a tear jerker. I loved it! I talked about it at work for DAYS! Sorry guys. Ok, I'm not. It was such a sweet story that I couldn't help it. :) After those I read Loving Amy and found that I had some of that series already stashed in my kindle. Let the games begin! Holy shit were they spicy! The journey of Troy and Amy had me picking up the rest of Red's books. I HAD to know what happened. Needless to say it wasn't a disappointment. 

Now, I know I am naming a lot of books, but like I said, Red has been entertaining us for a little bit, and true to her word, she pumps out these amazing stories rather quickly. THANK GOD! So from Loving Amy to Amy's Choice, came another heart pounding, delicious series about a young woman finding her true self in a school for submissive's. If you know Red's book, you know who I am talking about. Yes, Indeed! Her Brie series. HOLY CRAP! I've never read anything like these books before. I mean, I've read erotica before, but not with such emotion written in each and every page. Like anything else, I was tentative in reading this series because I was so enamored with the previous books and the characters. But I took a leap of faith and from reading Red's posts and the reviews, I went ahead and got them. Yeap, like her previous books, I was hooked. I patiently awaited each and every single one of them, could not read them fast enough when I got them, and then anxiously waited for the next one. In between, she produced other stories as the conclusion to Blissfully Snowbound, 9 days and counting, Varick (a very HOT and YUMMY vampire) as well as countless other titles, she also continued her Brie Series (YAY!!). The After Graduation series follows the story of Brie and her Dom, well...after the graduation. Uh huh! I can't even begin to describe what goes on there. Let's just say it was great fun! Red continues to grace us with her talents and her amazing books. Just like the mythical bird, she will bring new life to characters that we will fall in love with (at least this girl will) over and over again. She is truly a wonderful person who cherishes her fans, and I really appreciate that about her. So what are you waiting for? Go pick up her books! You can find her titles here: Red Phoenix on Amazon


















Enjoy!!

Until Next Time!

~ Lilly Rose



Source: Wikipedia.com




6 comments:

  1. I couldn't agree more... Red Phoenix is amazing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by! She is, isn't she?! :) There's not enough words sometimes to describe the feeling one has after reading her stories!

      Delete
  2. You perfectly describe Red and her writing. I love the intensity and depth she gives to all of her characters.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by Jodi! I couldn't agree more!

      Delete
  3. Oh my goodness, what a beautiful post to greet me this fine day. Thank you so much, Lilly. I am just so touched! ~Red

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by and taking a peek! I really do appreciate it! You are so very welcome, I really do enjoy and love every book! Here's to more happy memories! <3 ~Lilly

      Delete