Thursday, July 17, 2014

To Love A Thief


When I first started this post, I got really frustrated because everything I wanted to say was such a mess in my head. There is so much floating in there that I can't seem to get things straight enough to make a coherent sentence. This author seems to do that to me all of the time, even KNOWING that she is so wonderfully nice, I still have a hard time. When I first read her story I immediately e-mailed her. I wrote this really long letter, and I am sure she thought I was just as crazy as I did for writing it. She was very nice about it, and even wrote me back -OMG!- I wrote several others along with my thoughts about her new releases. I have no qualms about writing e-mails as silly as I may sound sometimes, but this is entirely something different. 

She is such an amazing author, that she frazzles me. She is also a wonderful person aside from being such an amazing author (did I mention that already? It deserves repeating). I get tongue tied when I have to write about her or to her. So here goes *taking a deep breath*. 

To Love a Thief is the first book that I read from author Julie Anne Long, and still my all time favorite of hers (still waiting for that autographed copy Julie! LOL! Sorry, inside joke). The Perils Of Pleasure coming a close second, and I do mean CLOSE. 

This story reminded me a little bit of "My Fair Lady", a great movie btw. Gideon is the brilliant barrister who likes to help "non-profitable" clients, while he is trying to snare the affections of a wealthy bride. Lily is an orphaned pick pocket struggling in the rough streets of London, trying to provide for herself and her sister. Until one day Lily gets caught, and guess who is there to help her? Oh yes! Dreamy Gideon! He helps her out, but the help comes with a price. She will have to be the object of his desire and help "snare" that wealthy bride. What they don't realize is that sometimes a thief will steal something more valuable than a watch, they can steal your heart. They both learn what it is to follow your heart instead of doing what needs to be done or what is expected of you. 

Her characters come to life with every page you read. Julie has the ability to write beautifully orchestrated scenes and characters that make you feel their frustrations, their sadness, their joys, and their triumphs. You laugh, cry, smile at the silly jokes and witty banter. There are not enough adjectives to describe how wonderful Julie and her writing is. She has a knack of making me smile with every story she writes, but this one topped all of them! The cast of memorable, yet quirky characters touched my heart in every way. When you pick up one of Julie's books, you can't seem to put it down! Sheer brilliance, if I do say so myself! If you like a bit of humor with your historical romances, these are the books to look for! I HIGHLY recommend them to you. 





You can find Julie and her incredible books here: Amazon Author Page

Also here: Julie's Website 

Don't forget to look for her on FB and Twitter as well! 

Enjoy!!

~ Lilly Rose



No comments:

Post a Comment