Sunday, July 13, 2014

Fictional Boyfriends





Fictional boyfriends! Who loves them? I sure do! I have one every time I pick up a new book! Sometimes, it's the same boyfriend in a series of books. HA! Talk about getting your money's worth. So what do you guys like when it comes to fictional boyfriends? Dashing men in breeches and long coats? A dominant business man who has "issues" to work through? A bad boy rocker perhaps? Or a studly hero type (firemen, detective etc). Then there are those characters in the paranormal range, vampires and werewolves and even angels (hubba hubba). I happen to love all of them, as my friend would gladly tell you - and informed me recently - that I am a cock junkie, a shameless tart and would probably suck face with many of them. HA! 

Now ladies I have to ask, how many of you have wondered if there was a "true" prince charming out there? I am sure for those who are married and are in a loving relationship will look at this and say "I found mine" and that's GREAT! But for those of us who have kissed some frogs along the way and still no prince charming, would you hold out for someone who was a bit like these characters that we all seem to love? 

I think, personally, that the "idea" is fine, but in real life it just doesn't cut the cake. They say that there is someone for everyone out there you just have to look for it. But to want someone like these fictional characters is self defeating. The author who writes these men are true genius in that they take a little bit of what everyone would or might like and combine it into one delicious package. Now, am I saying that there might be someone out there like these fictional boyfriends I love so much? Sure. There might be. Since I don't know any high powered CEO's or a heroic fireman, or a rockstar - even though some of my musician friends might disagree with that last statement - or even paranormal beings, I can't be sure that the "perfect guy" is out there. 

So readers, who do you think your "perfect other" would be like? Would it be like a character in a book? Which character would you most like to be with? Thoughts? 


~ Lilly Rose 



No comments:

Post a Comment