Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Crossing Into Bliss

Here is a book with a little twist.

Hook, Line and Garter was another fabulous freebie find, even though I have to admit that when I first read the description I passed it by. I didn't want to read it and I didn't think it was for me or my tastes. For some odd reason, I kept going back to it. So i pushed the "one click" button and got it. I didn't think more on it until a couple of days later and after reading several books in between. I searched my book catalog and there it was! My eyes kept landing on it no matter what I did. So back to Amazon to read the description AGAIN. Talk about being indecisive! Finally, my finger hovered over the book and I got that feeling that something explosive was going to happen. I FREAK OUT!!! So, I pushed the button anyway. How daring of me, right?

So here I go.... into a journey with Sam, Kate and the I love to hate Hannah. What I found was that I absolutely LOVED it! It was an unexpected treasure. I laughed, I cried, I on occasion, wanted to throw my reading device at the wall from the whirlwind that is Hannah. I finished it in a couple of hours because I couldn't put it down. Now, there is a bit of a cliffhanger at the end, but book two picks it up, so no worries there. This book is pure genius. It's "expect the unexpected" and it's something I've never read before so it was like a breath of fresh air. How she did it? I will never know. Trust me, I've tried to weasel it out of her many times. It's just brilliant!

The moral to this whole thing, is that you shouldn't judge a book by it's cover. You might find yourself pleasantly surprised. This book is about love, love in the sense of finding acceptance in one's self. No matter how you dress, what you look like, what circumstances may have occurred, or in Hannah's case, how you act. It's funny, and heartfelt and it doesn't hold back any punches.There is nothing and I do mean nothing predictable and cookie cutter about this book. It's raw in it's emotions and beautiful in it's craziness.

I did write a review for this particular book on Amazon, which I will not use today. It was awful and did no justice to the book, so I won't publish it here like I did with the previous two books. BUT take my word on this - this is a must read! You may think it's not your thing, and that's OK, but I assure you, you will look past any preconceived notions and fall in love with Sam and "the crew".




Publication date: May 1, 2013

Book Description: After a brutal attack, Kate Logan thought she could never trust another man again, until she met Sam Montgomery. Sam was like no one she had ever known before—beautiful, vivacious, and bold. In Sam, Kate found all she would ever need, want, or desire in a man, until she learned that the only thing worse than falling in love with her best friend was knowing nothing would ever come from it.
 
Sam Montgomery, a successful photographer and an occasional cross-dresser (yes, cross-dresser) lived his life out loud. He said what he wanted, dressed how he wanted, and did who he wanted. From the first time he laid his eyes on Kate, he knew he had to have her. Unfortunately, the only piece of her heart she was ready to give came tattooed with a ‘friends only’ stamp. He was willing to compromise his desires, but he never imagined he would fall head over heels in love with her.
 
The hot temperatures weren’t the only thing blazing in Austin, Texas. After one steamy night together, Kate and Sam decided it was time to redefine their friendship. When Kate finally opens herself to all that they could share together, Sam couldn’t have been happier—until he realizes that perhaps the only way to cast away all of Kate’s inner demons was to walk away forever.
 
 
 


~Lilly Rose




No comments:

Post a Comment