Saturday, July 12, 2014

Having fun with Rachael



I had a total blast making some special pictures for Rachael James today. We talk every day, usually, but today we were having fun posting and pimping her books. :) She is, like me, a novice when it comes to media and self promoting. She doesn't like to do it, so I volunteered to help. I think that it is very important to promote those authors who you enjoy reading. I think the power of "word of mouth" is very underestimated. The more your favorite authors are exposed, the better the chance they have to succeed. 

I, unfortunately have seen some authors struggle with book sales because their audience is limited and they are not getting new readers. Some are changing their book covers, some are re-releasing, some are giving their books for free in promos to try and boost their numbers. It boggles my mind to see that. Especially with some of the what I call "popular" authors. 

I have a friend who broke down the whole book sales to me. What you pay is NOT what they get on the turn around after everyone gets their little cuts. I was shocked, considering I didn't know about it. So, to me, this is a little bit of what needs to be done for some great authors out there who don't have the fan base, or who can't seem to get the word out. I would like to think that if I could just get ONE person to read a book, enjoy the book, and that person recommends the book to someone else, and so on and so forth that I did my little bit to help. Any one of you can do the same. It doesn't have to be with pretty pictures or blog postings, it could just be a simple "Hey! I read this really great book, and I think you would really enjoy it!". It matters. Every single one of you matters in some way to those authors. Leave a review, talk to your friends, to your co-workers (god knows they are sick of hearing me talk about the books I read), I think it would help. 

I didn't mean to get sappy, but hell I had to get that out. So, back to Rachael. I hope you guys had fun looking at the pictures and reading the little blurbs that I added to them. I hope it entices you to go out and try her books! They are great fun! If you missed them, here they are! 



















~ Lilly Rose


No comments:

Post a Comment