Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Everything and the Moon




Blurb:
It was indisputably love at first sight. But Victoria Lyndon was merely the teenaged daughter of a vicar. . .while Robert Kemble was the dashing young earl of Macclesfield. Surely what their meddlesome fathers insisted must have been true-that he was a reckless seducer determined to destroy her innocence. . . and she was a shameless fortune hunter. So it most certainly was for the best when their plans to elope went hopelessly awry.

Even after a seven-year separation, Victoria-now a governess-still leaves Robert breathless. But how could he ever again trust the raven-haired deceiver who had shattered his soul? And Victoria could never give her heart a second time to the cad who so callously trampled on it the first. But a passion fated will not be denied, and vows of love yearn to be kept. . . even when one promises the moon.


Remember how I said in an earlier post that the librarian pointed me in another direction while I waited for Eloisa's books to arrive? Well, she pointed me in this direction and I have never looked back. This is not the first book from Julia Quinn that I read. It was actually "Minx" and after reading Minx I ended up falling head over heels in love with Julia and her characters. From Minx came the sassy, smart mouthed Henrietta who never followed the rules and the devastatingly dashing "Dunford" - previously featured in Splendid, and Dancing at Midnight - who now had to take care of a piece of property he wasn't expecting. Of course, Henry didn't make it easy for him but he wasn't willing to give up. I ended up buying Minx and it was read and re-read over and over again. That book was well loved. Needless to say that it is an excellent read and it brought me to: Everything and the Moon (one of the MANY MANY books that I adore). I know, I know. Since I didn't know the sequence of her books at the time, I just kind of picked up anything I could get my hands on. I looked up Julia on her website and saw that she had many books published already and I had a lot of catching up to do. Oh boy!! The librarian had her work cut out for her!! I read this book, and it turned out to be one of my favorites, along with "The Viscount Who Loved Me", "The Secret Diaries of Miss Miranda Cheever", "To Catch an Heiress", and "Dancing at Midnight". 

So, Everything and the Moon reached my hot little hands, and I couldn't put it down. I read it in a few hours. I cried, I laughed and because like miss Julia, I'm a bit of a science geek, I found her scientific observations rather cute. Yes, yes, total nerd that I am.. I really appreciated that side of her. Victoria and Robert's story kept me on my toes, wondering what was going to happen next. Will they ever get past all of the hurt and misunderstandings brought up by their fathers? Would they get their happily ever after? I can't tell you, but what I can tell you is that if you do NOT pick up Julia's books you are doing yourself a disservice. These are absolutely stunning! A great read for the beach, or any given time.  Please check her out at your local book store, library, e-book retailer, you don't want to miss out!



Until Next Time!!

~ Lilly Rose

No comments:

Post a Comment