Thursday, October 23, 2014

Big Game: Hunted Love #1



Book Description: When a legendary predator decides prize horses should be on his menu, Kate takes the advice of her neighbor ranchers and hires a big game hunter to track the mountain lion and remove the threat. The hunter arrives to take up the trail, but instead of the seasoned older man she expects, he's young and impossibly sexy.

Freshly back from deployment to Afghanistan as a special forces operative, Jakob needs to clear his head of the horrors of war. When his uncle dies, Jakob steps in to fulfill the older man's commitment to hunt down a mountain lion on the other side of the state. The prospect of several days in the wilderness with only his horses and dogs for company sounds like the ideal opportunity. Except the infuriating female rancher insists on going along for the ride. 

** Now Including a Bonus Chapter!**

I received this book by a friend - Thanks Ashley! - who recommended it. I am not too crazy about westerns, and was hesitant to read it. I was assured I would like it very much by my friend and the author did a great job selling me on it. :) This is Aden's debut novel.

I was pleasantly surprised to find that I actually enjoyed it. Kate was in an accident when she was a baby and had multiple surgeries to try and correct what was wrong. At a certain point, she stopped and by then, she felt like she was "broken" and like no man would "want" her. I thought she was a tough as nails gal and really appreciated her tenacity. I also loved her vulnerability and kind of shyness when it came to the opposite sex. She was lovely to read.

Jakob, was a no nonsense kind of man. After being in the war and coming home to find out that his uncle died, he was looking for direction in his life. He stumbles into a world he hadn't been in for quite some time when Kate calls with a little feline problem. He goes about it with professionalism and of course his very own charm.

When these two meet the chemistry flies off the page, and the sexual tension will make you squirm. I was on the edge of my seat until that moment, when the first kiss happened. I melted like soft butter on a hot day. What these two did.. holy smokes! Who knew you could do that type of thing on a horse!!! -You have to read it to find out what the heck I am talking about- 

For a debut novel, this was a fabulous quick read. Aden did a fabulous job and I highly enjoyed it. I only wished it was a bit longer to get to know these two a bit more, and let's face it... more good loving. 

5 stars for this fabulous debut 

You can find Aden Lowe here: Amazon Author Page / Facebook / Twitter

Until Next Time, Enjoy!
~ Lilly Rose



No comments:

Post a Comment