Sunday, February 15, 2015

Arks Of Octava






Book Description: Jeramiah Poe isn’t just any character in the Realm of Fiction; he is Muse Master—Destiny Diviner—Mysterious Miskriat. Being of neither the Traditional Genre Provinces nor Independent, Poe enjoys an eternal lease on life, so long as his Scribbler keeps him out of publication. 

Poe meets Kane, a seven-year-old boy from the Independent Horror Province, where he learns ancient codes are being broken and the horror that should be an act, is real. 

But the evil clutching Octava is not new and Seven Arks have been sent to Earth to stop it. 

Only something has gone wrong and Poe is commissioned as the 8th Ark of Octava to discover what has become of the Seven. 

But his passage to Earth comes with revelations he's not prepared for. Not only does his Scribbler not know of his existence, he's a she that his human form seems allergic to. 

Poe soon realizes that with each Ark he locates, his powers grow along with his feelings for the Scribbler. And the enemy will try and use both to gain control of the two realms.

When I first starting reading this book, I thought "what in the blazes is this?" I had to put it down because I honestly didn't think I would like it. I have read all of Mr. Bane's book and this started out completely different than what I am used to.  I went back to it determined to finish it... 

What I ended up getting was, completely floored! This book turned out AMAZING! I laughed at Poe and his predicaments. I sighed at the loveable little Kane. I cringed at the horrors that were shortly written about, but nevertheless there. I giggled at Scribbler's attempts at getting Poe's attentions. I was on pins and needles with every Ark they had to find, wondering if they were going to make it in time. With every page I turned, the book got better and better, and I couldn't put it down! 

By the end of the book, I was crying with all of the emotions the book brought out. I didn't want it to end. I am so pleased that Mr. Bane will be continuing the story! 

Favorite Quotes:

"More like a strain of necromancy, a conjuring of lunacy within the minds of its victims under the guise of love."

"My own Scribbler created me to love antiquation, simplicity, classicality. I happen to find more value in these things."

"The equivalent of whoring out your soul to the Devil's Uncle Joe's three legged dog."

"They are not just stories! Your words have power! Damn you!"

"Though I have only known my Scribbler for few days... Eternity without her would be... a very long waste of my time."

5 stars for the first book of what I am sure will be a great series! 

Until Next Time, Enjoy!
~ Lilly Rose



No comments:

Post a Comment