Monday, June 30, 2014

Nothing ventured, nothing gained..

To start off today I wanted to write about the power of words.. Words to me, hold a dear place. Not that I am a talented writer like my friends are, but I still hold the written word dear. Books to me bring me to a place that I can get lost. The imagination runs wild. Your heart starts to pound as the adventure takes twists and turns... and sometimes, depending on the heat level of the book, you kind of squirm around with the sexiness of it all.

You don't have life troubles at that specific moment.. you don't have kids yelling at each other, you don't have everyone sucking the little life that you have left in you. That, my dear friends, is why I am a reader. THAT is why I love the written word. For that one moment, you are there, in the story with the people who will make you laugh, or cry, or even want to throw your book down and scream. That is the power of a great author and their writing!

So, with that said, I found this series just by luck. I am one of those people, who like anyone else, likes "freebies" I happened to get it as a freebie and set it aside for a while. One day, I looked for something to read and just by the cover (Yes people, we sometimes pick up a book by the way the cover looks) I picked it out. I didn't know what the book was about and I was too lazy to go look. I also didn't know who the author was.  So here I am reading away and I crack up laughing. OH YES! I start to really enjoy it. By the end of the book, I couldn't get enough so I went to Amazon and bought the rest of the series. I gushed to my friends about it, as I often do when I enjoy a book, and couldn't wait to see what this author had planned next.

Little do people know, correction - some people know, that I have a REALLY hard time writing reviews. I encourage everyone to do so, but for me, It's something I am not comfortable with. HA! Go figure. But for this book I did! I think it's important for the author to know how much you really like their work, or if you don't necessarily care for it. So here it is my first official blog review:

I bought this thinking, let's see if he can do it again.. Make me a believer! Of course, I had to swallow my words, because the man did it again! I truly enjoyed all four books so far, and this was no exception. In this book Tara and Lucian had to "rough it" and boy did they ever. I laughed a lot in this book, which to me is just an awesome thing. To mix humor into a very sexy book is top notch. The family Steakhouse scene is priceless and will keep me smiling for days to come. Of course, with the humor there is always a bit of eye opening sadness. This book had a little of a lot of things, I cant articulate how much I appreciate and love this series. I would highly recommend this book to anyone and everyone.


 
Publication date: June 13, 2014
 
Book Description: Dom Wars has reached Round 5, and Lucian, Tara, and Steve are prisoners of war owned by the current top Dom, known as the Preacher Dom. All they have to do is find the perfect pitch to sell Gladiator's dildos and ball clenchers to random vanilla businesses. Between Tara, Lucian and Steve, it's looking like an orgasmic circus of humiliation, bonding, and more self-discovery. But there's a catch. Their scores will buy their chances of survival in the next round. And Preacher Dom isn't about to let three cheating hooligans ruin his chances at the million.
 
 
 
Find Him:
 
 
So, now that I have officially written my first review - and not passed out from the fear of it, run your little selves to the store or online retailer and GET THIS SERIES! I promise you, you will enjoy every minute of it!


~ Lilly Rose

No comments:

Post a Comment