Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Lost and Found Series






Book Description: A portion of the proceeds from this book will be donated to the Wounded Warrior Project. 

"I predict this series will be one of the all-time best published in 2013." Romance Junkies 

John Palmer hasn’t felt like a real man since he was injured during combat in Iraq. Though not content with his new life, he is mostly adapting, just like the other vets at the Lost ‘N’ Found Investigative Service. When Shannon Murphy is hired on as the new office manager, life suddenly gets a lot more interesting. Before long, John finds himself wondering if he could ever be the kind of man Shannon needs. 

Shannon Murphy wasn’t really looking for love when she hired on at LNF, but finds herself hopelessly attracted to the sex-on-wheels former Marine, John Palmer. The man is grumpy and nearly impossible to work with, but his brand of masculinity appeals to her on a basic level. Soon Shannon is wondering just what it would take for John to want her the way she wants him. 

When an old enemy tries to settle a vendetta against Shannon, John insists on protecting her. He moves into her house, fanning the spark of attraction into a blaze. But the danger continues to escalate. Will the connection that they’ve found survive when they’re thrust into a fight for their lives?

Let me start by saying that I will probably do NO justice to these amazing books. I saw them advertised by another author and decided to pick up this first book. Why not, right? Let me tell you, this is one of those chances that you WANT to take. I read the book description thinking "Hell yes! Another steamy military novel!!" What I got from this was MUCH MUCH more. 

The struggles that each character deals with, is palpable in each and every page. The author writes it beautifully and you can feel the sadness, the hurt, the anger, the all consuming frustrations that each of them have. This book is about John and Shannon. What the author doesn't describe in the synopsis is what happens to John in the war that he feels like less of man, and in the same fashion, I will not tell you either. But it is something I didn't think of and it was BRILLIANT on her part. Even with this part of his disability, it didn't make him less of a man in my eyes. Broody, absolutely... grouchy, most definitely! But, less than a man? NO! Shannon was the feisty office manager, and she was not taking any lip from John. The chemistry flew off the page between these two and I cheered them on when they finally got together. LOL! I really do love this series and really appreciate what it reminded me of. If you do anything this year, I hope you buy this particular series. You WON'T regret it!!! 

I won't review all of the other books, but just know that after reading this first book I went and got the rest of them. Zeke, in the second book touched my heart, he holds a little corner of it, and he will nab yours too if you give these a try. :) If I could give this series a 6 star rating, I would!! 

5 +++ Stars for this beautiful, emotionally charged series! 

Here is the link to find the rest of these AMAZING books: J.M. Madden on Amazon

Until Next Time, Enjoy!
~Lilly Rose
 




2 comments:

  1. Lilly thank you so much for the incredible review! John and Shannon were in my heart for a long time before I wrote the books. I'm so happy you loved them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just didn't like John and Shannon, I absolutely LOVED the WHOLE series! I can not wait until the new book arrives! :) Thank you for taking the time out to comment. I really appreciate it.. and admittedly, had a fan girl moment! :)

      Delete