Thursday, August 21, 2014

Avoidables 2







Book Description: Purple's War 

Being a dragon half breed Avoidable is hard work. One best friend has been kidnapped and the other is in the Perfect prison for bombing the compound. How could I rescue them both? 

All my life I've believed that love was useless. I believed that I was useless. Until I became a warrior. The rebels are not what I thought they were. They're trying to unite with the Perfects as much as we are. They're just a bit better at making things happen. Going to their camp was a risk, but I had to find Hope. Not only did I find my best friend, I found a lot more. Friends, family, and could I finally believe in it...love?


Ah, Purple.. Hope's best friend. This is a continuation of the last story but focuses a lot more on Purple, the half breed - part human, part dragon. 

Hope has been taken to a rebel camp and Purple searches out a way to rescue her, or at least make contact with her. When he finally reaches her, he also gets captured. What he doesn't realize is that there is more to this camp than he realizes. He meets someone from his past that he didn't think he would ever see again - No, I won't spoil it for you. He also sees that Hope is taken care of, which is a good thing, because I think he would tear someone's head off if it were any different. He meets a couple of women that will test his resolve and his "feelings" toward love and relationships. Purple turns out to champion Jason, who really surprises him, by showing up at the camp.

While Hope still battles with her feelings for Jason, at what one would hope; to be a surprise turn of events, there are still a lot of unanswered questions. Jason will have to man up some more if he wants to prove true, but you get left with a sense of loss when he has to leave.

There are so many uphill battles still left for the Avoidables and Rebels to deal with, it makes you wonder if they will ever live in harmony with the "Perfects". I can't wait until the next installment to find out! 

Favorite quotes: "Men that are not emotionally stable want women to appear as if they're not interested. That way the man doesn't have to step up emotionally. Just because a woman is independent, doesn't mean she is any less emotional. The true power a man can have is when he meets his woman emotionally in the middle. That way, he gives her permission to be her feminine self." 

"The answer to all this is simple, Purple. Be responsible for your own happiness and then, when you meet a woman that intrigues you, see her for what she truly is inside. Men put blinkers on, even when they know the truth." 


5 star rating! Go check it out! 

Enjoy!
~Lilly Rose





No comments:

Post a Comment