Sunday, August 3, 2014

One Week



ONE WEEK is all it will take...

A week in Las Vegas and she will feel better about herself. At least that is what Dacotah Miller is hoping will be the case. Left at the alter, heart broken and ashamed, Dacotah takes the opportunity offered by her girlfriends - the chance to get away. The opportunity to escape her mundane life in the middle of nowhere Wisconsin.

But what Dacotah doesn't know is that lurking in Las Vegas is the chance of a lifetime, a dream come true, in the form of Derek Hunter.

Derek, in town on business, can't seem to focus on his purpose once Dacotah walks into his field of vision. She beautiful and just what he needs to cure his desire for a good woman in his bed. Only she presents a challenge to him unlike anything he's ever experienced before.

Dacotah will be wrapped up in a whirlwind of unexpected events that will force her to make a decision, life changing choice. Does she get on the plane back to boring Wisconsin and wonder what might have been? Or will she step on board a private jet that promises to take her on a journey she will never forget?


***** Content Warning *****

This book contains explicit sex, language and an indecent proposal from a billionaire. Story contains strong BDSM themed scenes and is not recommended for anyone under the age of 18.

One Week is a STANDALONE novel with over 100K words (390 word pages).


This book should have been in my "Week End" posting, but I decided that it needed it's own little post. When I found out that Zoey was being indecisive about whether or not to publish this book at a certain time, I had to throw my two cents in. I wanted to read it... BADLY. So along with some help, she finally pushed the publish button. YAY! The very next day, I bought this little beauty and read it. Oh man, it was totally worth badgering Zoey to release it early! Docatah and Derek are going to be one of my favorite couples she has written. They were amazing together! The chemistry sizzled, the story was heartfelt, even the songs that accompanied the book were great! I cried, I laughed, I sighed, I wanted to punch Derek and at one point I wanted to punch Dacotah! LOL! But with that said, there is a happy ending, it just takes a bit to get to it.

Here is a little run down of what happens. Dacotah finds her boyfriend, or rather fiance having sex with the town tramp in a bathroom before the wedding. She's depressed, doesn't go out much, unless it's to work and back home. Her best friend tries to talk her into going on a little "girls getaway" but she refuses until said town tramp shows up at her door with some rather interesting news. Dacotah decides then to get out of town and goes along with her friends to Las Vegas. Once she gets there she starts to unwind and have a good time.. that is until she runs into a very sexy, delectable (insert all sorts of fun adjectives here) mysterious man.

Derek is in Las Vegas for business purposes, but when he sees Dacotah he KNOWS he has to have her - typical male, right? Sparks fly every time they touch, but he knows that if he is too aggressive he will spook her and she will run. So, what does he do? He seduces her at every single turn. What would he do to keep her at his side? Anything and everything. 

One proposal... one week... one decision.... and a chance at a lifetime of love? Perhaps...

Zoey did an amazing job with this book! Her writing keeps getting better and better, and I for one, can't wait to get my hands on her next one. Dacotah, to me, was very well written. From a woman's point of view, she was unsure of herself, she lacked a bit of confidence and asked "why me?". I don't know about any of you, but I can understand her and her fears and self doubts. It came across the page beautifully. Derek was patient with her, but still didn't take any shit. Zoey balanced him out very nicely. The author mentioned that it has some BDSM themed scenes, the book is written so flawlessly that you really don't notice it. This book get my 5 star rating, and I highly recommend it! So, just don't sit there, go and get it!!



Until next time.
~ Lilly Rose





No comments:

Post a Comment