Saturday, August 2, 2014

Week End Review


Hey guys! It' s vacation time! While on "vacation" I spent some time reading. :) 

I have found some new authors along the way and some that I usually enjoy all of the time. I decided, because I read so much, that I would do a post with some of the books that I had a chance to read this week. :) 

Some, I am sure, you probably have never heard of, which to me, means it's a perfect opportunity to check them out. Some you might have heard of already. *Wink* But that's no excuse for you not to pick up their new releases! 

So here goes! 




Brandi and Becky's latest! I have followed Morgan through all of her "episodes" in all 30 stories, and I have to say that these two are just as fabulous as the rest of the series! Morgan goes through her ups and downs in each book and of course the author's leave you with a feeling of "OH HELL NO!!!!" by the end of each wanting to pull your damn hair out (and I say that with all of my love, I promise). Of course, Brandi and Becky always bring laughter with Angel and his "angelisms". I'm always looking forward to the next installment of these books. :) With these books, I suggest you start from the very beginning to understand who is who and what is what. I know some of the books are still free, so why not check them out!






Oh Mrs. Bennett... What can I say? I LOVED these stories. Pretty much just like I LOVED her other series of books. The first book deals with Hunter and Gabby. The second is Brody and Alyssa's story and the last is Savannah and Gavin. So why do I love these so much? Well besides that they are extremely well put together books with extreme heat levels, there is such a good love story in each one, it just makes me sigh every time I think of them. SOOO deliciously good! Let me give you a little run down. "On the Rocks" is about Hunter whom is a globe trotting surfer who kind of hurt Gabby's feelings after her graduation from High School. She spends the last 5 years protecting her heart, and trying not to think of hunky Hunter. Hunter returns from the circuit and buys a business that he needs to re-do. Gabby is now head of her father's company and needs Hunter's business to make it successful. Hunter now see's Gabby in a new light (you could say) and tries everything in his power to melt the ice she has placed around her heart. Oh boy, does he do a great job of that! In this first story you will meet the cast of the series and they are all pretty wonderful! In book 2 "Make it a double" Brody (Hunter's twin) comes home from being in prison. He doesn't know how to deal with people and life. He is dark, broody and YUMMY. :) Alyssa is the rich girl who doesn't act like she comes from money. She runs a no kill shelter for animals, but needs the help of volunteers. Brody ends up doing his community service there and sees a side of Alyssa he didn't know she had. She is not the snotty rich bitch he thought her to be. Secrets will be revealed and love will bloom. Oh yes, pretty hot stuff goes on in this one. Now for her third book "Sugar on the Edge" you will meet Savanah a struggling photographer who has twenty million jobs (OK, so not THAT many) to keep herself afloat, you will also meet Gavin, an author from the UK (Ummm... HELLLOOOOOOOOO!!! That alone made my mouth water!) who likes his drink, solitude and has a "filthy" mouth. He comes to the U.S. to finish his book but finds that sometimes love is better outside of the pages. Book one is currently free. So please give this a try! I PROMISE you will love them! :) 





Ahhh, the love story that spans 20 years. Amy and Will were high school sweethearts that with some misunderstandings and lack of communication separated at college. 20 years after high school, at their reunion, they discover that they were always meant to be. But will Amy be strong enough to come forth and tell Will what has happened to her through out the years that they were separated? And will Will have the strength to stay with Amy after learning her secrets? This was a really sweet story that had me reading late through the night. I am glad I found this author through coincidence. I'm going to be picking up some more of his books soon.




Oh Mr. Ethan Radcliff.. What can I say about this new author.. :) He's very charming aside from writing a really sexy story. The Taming was his first book, and I thought it was pretty hot. Russell didn't think he could be "tamed" by a woman until he met Molly. The Wait was even hotter. Mac and Britt lit up the screen, with steamy sex scenes and heart wrenching circumstances left me wanting to read more. Good job to Ethan for writing such a great story! I can't wait to get my hands on another book as soon as it releases. He's going to be one to look out for! 





Oh yes! Another Red Phoenix book! Can't go without reading her new release! This was such a powerhouse book, chalk full of emotional turmoil. It was heaven. This is a continuation of her Brie series, and it deals with a lot sadness within her characters. Tono has to deal a great loss which lead Brie and Master to Tokyo to help with his emotional fall out. While there, Brie learns a bit more of why Master is the way he is, some extra tidbits and a side of Tono that no one really knows. Don't pass this up! 



This is a new author to me. I picked this up as a freebie and I think this is book two. It explains some of the back story or a bit from the first book, but I didn't have to pick it up just because it's kind of self explanatory.  This was a sexy book. It's the story of Aiden and Gwen newly engaged, and thinking this was their happily ever after... think again. Someone from Aiden's past comes barreling in to try and split these two apart. Even though I didn't particularly know what happened in the first book, I thought that Gwen could of been less wishy-washy and had more of a back bone. She did pull through at one point but for the most part her hair brained schemes get the better of her. Oh uh! Not a bad book by any means. :)





Another first time author for me. Bound by Molly Ann Wishlade was something totally different for me. This story was m/m/f and it was not just about the sexy scenes, but it was more about acceptance. Acceptance in who you are and what you want out of life. How powerful love can be and what you would do for someone you truly love. The sacrifices you would make to make that person happy. This truly had a good back story and the author did a great job telling it. The only issue I had with the book is the back and forth dialect. Other than that, it was a great book! I am sure I will be picking up some more of her work. 





Another newbie for me. This book was hysterical! I laughed a lot when I read this book. It was a welcomed relief from all of the serious books that I had been reading. Caitlin, a woman who works at a camp for troubled teens tries to kidnap Brandon, the "ogre" of the small town that she lives in, and said owner of the camp, but instead of kidnapping Brandon she ends up kidnapping his brother Dalton, the ex-rodeo star. Once Dalton figures out why Caitlin is bound and determined to kidnap his brother he goes along and helps her. This story has so many funny and delightful moments, lots of mishaps, and sexual tension that it will leave you chuckling all day. It was really a great book. I highly enjoyed it. 





So from lighthearted to dark and thrilling. Oh yes, Mrs. Marata Eros does it again with this installment of The Token. Thorn, the bad boy undercover cop who runs strip clubs for his buddy Mick is at it again. In this installment, you find a bit of background of why Thorn is the way he is, why he thinks the way he does, and other shocking revelations turn up that will make your head spin. In true Marata style she has us going from fast, to faster in this roller coaster ride of a story. I wanted to keep reading and reading.. but alas, she had to finish the story.. The end of the book was a bit abrupt and left me thinking "Nooooo, that's it?" I thought there was going to be more. But nope... Now I have to wait until Kiki's book comes out. (Insert pout here).





Just friends is a sweet story or love lost and re-found during a winter storm. Andie will go out of his way to help the "love of his life" years after she left him hanging at a high school dance. Truths will be revealed and hearts will be mended. This was a very sweet story with a happy ending :)





Another really great falling for your best friend kind of story. Wes and Dani need a partner for different events. She needs a fiance for her work retreat and he needs a date for his sister's wedding. There are of course mishaps and double dealings which will cause giggles, but with fake kisses and tender touches these two will figure out that it's worth the risk to fall in love. Two thumbs up for this book! 




Jason and Sandy have been friends since the second grade and haven't looked back. He is newly divorced and she is in a so-so relationship. Jason starts reading a sassy book and finds out that the author of said book is close by. Jason needs Sandy's help to write the author via e-mails. She helps but at a cost. When sparks fly between Jason and Sandy, will they keep their relationship as strictly friends? Or will they throw caution to the wind? Oh, I hope you grab this book and find out! 









Yes! The whole series! After I read the first one, I had to get the other four. Sorry, I couldn't help it. :) This series was a bit of a surprise for me. I wasn't exactly sure I was going to enjoy it... especially after reading some of the reviews. With that said, I should know better than to look at some reviews and go by what other people say. I think everyone should make up their mind whether or not they like a book. I happened to really like this series and couldn't put it down after picking it up. Thank god it rained a lot this week!  This is one to pick up and read when you can. 


I think that's all I have for now. There are a lot of book choices for you guys to choose from. The week isn't totally over and I have a ton more to read, but this was definitely a good reading week! I hope everyone is enjoying their summer, and by all means, try one of these fabulous books! It will most definitely add a bit of spice to your nights!


Enjoy!
~ Lilly Rose































No comments:

Post a Comment