Thursday, December 4, 2014

Captured My Heart!








Book Description: Love is never easy. It's especially difficult when you love a Marine. I knew the risk when I said "I do", but I chose to love anyway.  

In a flash, he was taken from me, and now I'm alone. Struggling and desperate. There's no hope, no future. Just the endless cycle of day-to-day survival. But a letter returned could change all of that.  

Hope and love often come from the last place you'd think to look, when you least expect it.  

*   *   * 

I was a lost, broken soul, tortured by the memories of what I'd endured. When I visited that old farmhouse in rural Texas, all I wanted to do was return the letter. Keep a promise to a friend.  

What I got was healing. Understanding. The chance to find a measure of peace when all I've ever known is war. 

We both lost everything. But in each other, we found something worth fighting for. 

***This is a full length, stand-alone contemporary romance, set in the world of WOUNDED**


I didn't read this book when it first came out because I knew, I KNEW, it was going to break my heart. Jasinda has a knack of doing that to me with her brilliance when writing these marvelous stories. This was no exception. 

Derek is wounded, a Marine, a POW fighting his way back into the world. His tale is not one of pink ponies, and beautiful rainbows. It's ugly, dirty, violent, and dark. Reading what he went through made me cringe at times. He made a promise to his best friend and he was damned determined to keep it.

Reagan is a beautiful widow of a Marine. She is left alone to take care of her home, her child, and herself. When she thinks she is unable to keep up Derek shows up and turns her world upside down. 

Their story is absolutely sensational! They each battle their own demons, but when these two are together, it's just radiant.... it's magic! Anything is possible with a little faith, and lots of love. There is such a thing as second chances and it can be beautiful, and just as precious. 

There are a lot of serious scenes in this book, but there is a mix of humor which I really appreciated. There is a barbecue scene in the book that truly had me crying from laughing so hard. It's amazing how the authors can set just a touch humor to break up the devastation, and heartache and make everything flow with ease and grace.

I can't say enough about this book, and this review does not do it justice. If you are a fan of Jasinda and Jack Wilder and have not read this book, you are truly missing out. If you have never read any of their stories, please pick up this book. You will not regret it. If you are already a fan, you know that this book is amazing! 


5 stars 

Until Next Time, Enjoy!
~Lilly Rose


No comments:

Post a Comment