Sunday, December 21, 2014

The Last of the Sons






Book Description: *The heart-pounding finale to the USA TODAY Bestselling Gypsy Brothers series* 

Will Julz complete her mission for vengeance against the Gypsy Brothers? Or is Dornan still one step ahead? 

More shocking secrets will come to light and lives will be lost in this final, devastating installment of the Gypsy Brothers series. 

So many questions, so many answers.... I loved this series from the get go. It was gritty, it was dark, kind of ruthless, and no holds barred. It was amazing to see how it all came to be and end in such a way that made you sigh in relief. 

Lili took us from the broken girl in the first book to an amazing woman who didn't give up. She has brought us full circle, per se.  She brought us laughter and sadness, and down right rage. Julez finally got her ending, whether or not she was relieved, I am not so certain... There were a lot of plot twists and turns, but it all made a weird kind of sense. It was action packed and I loved every second of it. There were a scene or two that made me cringe and honestly, made me make an "Ew" face, but it involved Dornan. If you have read the previous books you would understand why I made that face, so that's not a surprise. 

I was really glad that you got to see Dornan with a bit of "humanity" at the end and not the pure evil maniac that we are so accustomed to. It was quite touching, again, in a weird and twisted kind of way. I know Lili got some flack for finishing the book off the way she did, but personally I think she did a brilliant job with it. I didn't see them riding off into the sunset with a happily ever after, but I am glad she will be bringing something else entirely to the table. The one person I did find that I didn't have any clue as to what happened to him was Elliot. Lots of unanswered questions there, even though she briefly made a point to mention him and his car at the end. But I am sure there is a method to the madness.

I'm really sad to see this series end, but I can't wait to see what the author has in store for us with her upcoming Cartel series. The Gypsy Brothers series is one that you should not miss out on, and I would highly recommend it to anyone! 

Favorite Quotes:

"I have to remain impassive though, so I tamp down the gloating grin that wants to spread across my face and settle for resting bitch face instead."

"Daughter, granddaughter," he shrugs, waving his hand in a noncommittal gesture. "It's all the same, really. She came from Dornan. She belonged to him. And you lost her, you pathetic, fucking junkie."

"I tilt my head, raising my eyebrows at her. "I assure you, I'm not the monster in this fucked-up fairytale. But whatever helps you sleep at night."

"Donny's a little busy right now," I murmur, in the bitchiest voice I can summon. "But I can talk."

"I was fifteen," I respond, my voice only wavering a little. "There were seven of them. Dornan Ross and his sons. It was payback for my father falling in love with the wrong woman."

"So tell me," Pepito says. "What do you think is a fitting punishment for a dirty fucker who rapes kids?" I can't help it ; I smile. "I can think of a few things."

"I don't want to die," I say quietly. "But if it's me or those girls, I'll die without another thought. Elliot's already given up everything for me. Everything. His whole life, Jase. I can't let a little girl and her mother die because I lived."

"Julz," he murmured against my skin, still moving in slow stroked. "When this is over, I'm going to marry you. We're going to have lots of babies, and I'm buying you a fucking minivan. Okay?" I laugh, even though I'm crying. "Okay?" Jase repeats. "Okay." I reply, pulling him deeper, pulling him down to meet my mouth again."

"It's not pretty, and it's not nice, but that's okay. Because, in our world, it takes the taste of death in your mouth, bloody and warm, to truly understand what it means to be alive."

"Dornan Ross is dead. But I don't feel relieved, or happy. I feel ... nothing."

"But I was wrong. This fight? It's only just begun. But right now, I don't care. Everything I have done, every life I have taken, every drop of blood I have spilled. It was all for this moment right here. We are broken, the two of us. He builds me back up, piece by piece. I will never be whole again. But I am okay.  am happy. I am loved."


5 stars for this fabulous conclusion 

Until Next Time, Enjoy!
~ Lilly Rose



No comments:

Post a Comment