Friday, December 5, 2014

Flash Burn




Book Description: James Knight POV 

“…I read the last lines of the letter and the words are just ringing in my ears… I have pleased you, Master. Only now do I notice that I'm practically panting, my breaths coming in short shallow huffs, and my dick is throbbing in my slacks. I'm almost afraid to move a muscle, because I just fucking might come in my pants… What the fuck was that? Get your fucking shit together, Knight, you're acting like some horny teenager and not the CEO of a multi-billion dollar company. 

I close my eyes and pinch the bridge of my nose, my left hand sliding under the table and rubbing the hard throbbing bulge in my pants, adjusting it.” 

Eva Roberts POV 

“Stop listening to your needy body, Eva! My mind is always here to wake me up. 

I deliberately minimize the Gmail screen and focus on um…my work emails. Is my breathing shallow? Argh! I place my hands on the edge of the desk and push off. The chair I’m sitting on slides backwards on its wheels and I swivel around, stopping right next to the window, looking outside. I need sex. I really do. I’ve had a very dry year and this is the closest I've gotten to fucking. Okay, getting wet. But good wet. Scary wet. Should I email him back? Am I that gutsy? No. I know I’m not.” 

Having sent a controversial email by error to someone else, James Knight receives a reply from that email address in the same erotic language. 

What follows is sexting like you've never read before and as you read on, all you want to know is, will their virtual relationship become a real one?


I picked up this series with a recommendation from a friend. James Knight is a bored CEO/ DOM who decides to write an e-mail to his wayward sub. Unfortunately, or fortunately for him he sends it to the wrong person. This person sends him a reply to his amazement, and it starts a very heated exchange. When I say "heated" I mean holy HOT. I think for me, it was one of the best parts of these books. When James decides that e-mail isn't enough for him he takes the steps to meet the author of the replies. Eva Roberts is rather the introvert in real life until she gets this mysterious and rather sex filled e-mail. It brings out her inhibitions and she does some outrageous things she otherwise wouldn't do. 

The books flow very well from one to the next, with the little "blips" that go along the way. For example, the creepy neighbor, a gorgeous guy she bumps into (Ahem, a surprise to Eva) and the ex-sub. No worries guys, this ends in a HEA. These two characters light up the screen, Kindle, Nook or computer - whichever you choose - with their banter, not to mention when they finally get together. Their meeting is explosive and their time together is filled with heat and erotic sensuality. This was a great fast, fun read. 


4.5 stars

Until Next Time, Enjoy!
~Lilly Rose


No comments:

Post a Comment