Saturday, December 20, 2014

Zip Zero Zilch!










Book Description:

Reading order for the Reed Brothers series: 
Tall, Tatted, and Tempting (CURRENTLY FREE!) 
Smart, Sexy and Secretive 
Calmly, Carefully, Completely 
Just Jelly Beans and Jealousy (FREE!) 
Finally Finding Faith 
Reagan’s Revenge and Ending Emily’s Engagement 
Maybe Matt’s Miracle 
Proving Paul’s Promise 
Only One 
Beautiful Bride 
Zip, Zero, Zilch 

The last one to fall… 

Sam Reed is the only brother in the Reed family who hasn’t fallen head over heels in love. He has a promising contract to play professional football, but something is missing. Sam likes to watch cooking shows, snuggle on the couch, and he wants someone to do it with him. But with his go-getter lifestyle, it’s almost impossible to find the time to get to know one woman. That is, until he meets the one who makes him want to change his whole life. 

A fake name and a world of hurt... 

When Peck was twelve, she was called by a different name, lived with a different family, and had no prospects whatsoever. But now she finds herself the drummer in an all-girl band, makes more money than she ever dreamed possible, and she’s content. Until the day her birth mother shows back up. 

Fame. Fortune. Stardom. 

Neither of them wants it. 

They both have it. But can they have more? 

*** Recommended for adult readers only due to adult situations, sexual content, and adult language.


Sam's story!!!! Since day one I have loved the Reed brothers, the women who came into their lives and the stories in between. Tammy Falkner has done it again with this book. She made me fall in love all over again. I say that A LOT, but it's oh so true!

Sam wants what his brother's have. He is a successful ball player, but he wants more than just that. He wants his soul mate. He thinks that he has found her in Peck. The problem is that Peck is insecure about herself and feels like she isn't good enough for Sam. Sam has been in love with Peck for a long time. He has kept his feelings to himself for the simple fear of being hurt, but it doesn't seem to stop him from trying to get the girl.

Peck is the drummer of an all girl band. She has a stuttering problem and the only way to keep it at bay is to tap every time she talks. She had a really bad childhood until she was adopted along with 4 other girls, all at the same time. Her life turned around after some TLC from her new adoptive parents, but it wasn't easy for her. She still had some battles to face; some outwardly and some within herself. With some help, and a lot of love and patience from Sam, she realizes she is more than she thinks she is.

Sam is a total charmer in this book, and I appreciated that he was willing to wait out Peck until she was ready to receive love and to love in return. When they finally got together it was nothing less than explosive. This book, like the others, made my heart happy. It was such a pleasure to read, and of course reconnecting with past couples. I was saddened to think that this was the end of the line for these spectacular books, but at the very end of the book the author threw in a little surprise. Hurray! I can't wait for what Mrs. Falkner has in store for us next. I am sure it will be nothing short of brilliant!

Favorite quotes:

"The Reeds take people in like they're family. Anyone. The only requirement is that you have a pulse. And if you don't have a heart, they'll give you theirs."

"He squeeze my hand. "I'm pretty sure I'm in love with you, cupcake," he says. "I just wish you could love me back."

"She's going to marry me one day. She just doesn't know it yet."

"I want to touch you and see you and feel you and taste you and smell you. And when you make those little noises that come out so much easier than your words do, I want them to be right beside my ear."

"Him," Fin calls. "Do him. Then let him do you. Wash. Rinse. Repeat."

"I don't know," he hedges. "You just wore your heart on your sleeve. You love, and you love well and true. That's one of your strengths."

"No, it's perfect," he corrects me. "Your heart is in your throat and your head starts to swim and you suddenly can't talk, all because your heart is too full. That's when the emotions slap you in the face and you don't care."

"God, I can't breath when I'm around you, Peck. I can't think. I love you, and I don't want to be apart from you. Ever."

"I fell like there was a dry tinder in my heart, just waiting for a flame. And suddenly, I've been ignited."

"That little girl has more compassion in her little finger than most people have in their whole body. I envy the fact that she can take so little and turn into so much."

"She goes after what she wants, I wish everyone had her strength and the ability to persevere. My only wish for her is that she holds on to that fighting spirit, for it will take her far."

"Peck is all grown up. She's strong, faithful, and most of all, she is loved. My job is done. I will go home tonight and hug my own son a little harder. And I will pray that is he ever finds himself alone, that someone will step up to hep him. Peck, when she finally settles down and marries, will need someone as strong-willed as she is, but someone who has a gentle side. She needs someone who will cherish the words that still stick on her tongue, and someone who will be okay with it if she just sits quietly. He will have to be a special man, but I doubt any of it will come easily. She will have to fight for the right one. I just hope she's capable. I hope she doesn't let her fear or doubt overwhelm her. I hope she goes for it. Because I know she can." 


5 gorgeous stars for this amazing book! 


Until Next Time, Enjoy!
~ Lilly Rose





No comments:

Post a Comment